Thursday, July 7, 2011

13 weeks

The second trimester! Time is really flying by :) My intentions were to write to you at least once a week, but the first trimester was extremely hard for me. Not only was I extremely exhausted, I was very, very sick. By the 6th week of pregnancy, I started throwing up just about everything I ate. Drinking was very hard as well. I lost a lot of weight and became dehydrated. I had to go to the emergency room for fluids and monitoring and was placed on bed rest for a week in order to allow my body to use catch up to all of the changes going on (and to hopefully gain some weight). I will not lie, it was miserable :( The medicines that the Dr gave only took the edge off, but I knew that you were thriving so it was all worth it! I finally started feeling a bit better at the 10 week mark, but just as things were going well I had a new concern. I was leaking fluid and the Dr suspected it was amniotic fluid. The fluid you need to survive. The Dr decided to perform an ultrasound to check on your fluid level. In the end, you were just fine and I got to sneak a peek at you again. I think you were sleeping!

Everyone says that the second trimester is the best. I am finally starting to feel a lot better so I do hope that it proves true for me. My weight gain is still negative, and besides a little belly pouch, I have no evidence of you inside of me. My only constant reminder is through a little machine called a doppler. I can place it on my belly and listen to your heart beat. I love listening to it and what I love even more is how you run away from the doppler. :) One second, I can hear your heart beat really loudly and then it will slowly get lower and lower as you move away from the wand. I can't feel you move yet, but it's fun to know that you are moving around in there and actually responding to my touch. As I listen to your heart beat, I talk to you, I pray for you, and I thank God for you. I love you so much already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment